Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Manicure Monday ~ On a TUESDAY! Fall Nails

Yeah.. yeah.. I know. I said I'd be back on Monday with a new post, but I ended up spending the majority of my day deep cleaning the cat's automatic litter box. Super fun right? Anyways, I have a double wammy for you to make up for it. Two manicures at the SAME TIME! Both nail designs are super cute for Fall, the first one a French Tip and the second a full nail design.

The first French Tip manicure I've done for Fall this year is this one! The orange glittery French Tip was done with OPI's A Woman's Prague-ative which is one of the prettiest orange-red glitter polish's I've ever had. I love using it in Autumn because it reminds me of leaves and all the wonderful decorations Archimedes won't let me get from the store. I thought the French Tip at this point was a little boring so I added e.l.f.'s Gold Star over the top, stopping about halfway up my nail. I love the little golden glitter pieces and the few random big chunky glitter. It made it a sort of Ombre nail while still having a strong French Tip line.
Here they are, looking magnificent.

This was literally the next day. I went to Archimedes flag football game and somehow left with my middle nail broken off. It was quite depressing since all my nails have been getting so long. 
The second nail I've done for my Fall Nails is a taupe and blood red design with gold accents. I recently purchased an e.l.f. nail polish sampler that included 10 miniature polishes. I picked it up at Burlington Coat Factory for around $5 and have been enjoying testing all of its colors. The taupe in this set looked extraordinarily purple and didn't even know it was taupe til I looked at the name "Taupe of the World. Once I gave it a good shake it looked much more taupe, but it is quite purple-y. I was even going to try to take a picture of it to show you how lavender it actually looks, but the camera actually made it look quite.... taupe. ANYWAYS! On to the manicure. The blood red color is Essie's Limited Addiction over the e.l.f. Taupe of the World.

To attach the golden detail fixtures, I use an old bottle of Seche Vite that's gone too sticky to use as a topcoat anymore, but is really quite a perfect glue.




 Thank you so much for your patience with my lack of presence in the past week. Let me know if you would like another Recipe Wednesday! I've got one lined up all ready to go.

~À Bientôt

No comments:

Post a Comment