Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Day Starts....

So, today is one of my few days I actually have class this semester. Two classes.. Gah it hits me like a hammer every time I think of it. Its infuriating. That's beside the point though....

I woke up this morning frustratingly missing Archimedes. Every little thing I did reminded me of him. I'm blessed with the ability to talk to him at least twice a day.. but it still gets a bit rough. He's always so lovely and I miss him so much.

Yesterday, before he went to bed his roommate came in and said "You guys are fuckin' cute." We both started to giggle and blush, his roommate then said "Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little honesty!" His roommate is married so he understands us talking so much and I'm glad he was able to room with someone so understanding. I really enjoy meeting his squadmates and saying hello to them. They're so funny and love to joke all the time. ^^ It makes me feel closer to him and though I'm far away, I feel closer to him and his every day life. Lately, he's been bringing breakfast to his room and I enjoy it. A bit of every day normalcy makes things feel better :D

Sadly, I'm in class, and though this next part I could talk about all day, I shall express my feelings in a short bit as best as I can. 

Today is September 11th, 2012... A humbling reminder to everyone, especially those with family members and loved ones in the military. I can never express the thanks I can give to Everyone who was lost, to those who's family members were lost. And the dearest bit, personally, to all the Military members who have given their lives in the war since then, and to all their amazingly strong family. The more years that pass, the more people forget. I also think, like all deaths.. it may not be forgetting, but learning to live with the pain and even when its right in the front of their minds, they can show amazing strength and continue on.

This is what my school did (sorry I know its far away, my phone isn't the best, It looked better in person) Its a huge board with the towers saying Remember 9/11, there was a list of all the names over the top too, Flags lined the walkway... It was lovely :) I'm glad they didn't just pass over it like any other day.





No comments:

Post a Comment